Volunteers: They are our lifeblood. They are why we are able to do what we do.
Volunteer positions. Click on one for more information!
General duties of all volunteers:
- Maintaining a neat stable area
- Cleaning paddocks, sheds and pens
- Ensuring tack room, meeting room and bathroom are clean
- Safe handling of equipment and horses
- Interaction with the public, providing information on programs and safety precautions to visitors and other volunteers
- Follow instructions; able to work individually or as a team with other volunteers
- Lifting up to 40lbs
- Hay bales, wheelbarrows, manure buckets, water buckets, saddles
- Various duties involve lifting
- Grounds Maintenance
- Assisting with fence mending or building repair
- Picking up trash
- Performing other daily chores on the volunteer chore list
- Regular attendance at volunteer training and meetings
Do you know what your Why is? This is a very important question to ask yourself, Do you know Why you want to volunteer at Victory Riding Academy? Your Why is something that will motivate you when volunteering. We encourage our volunteers to think about their Why. We guarantee after being involved with some sessions and programs, your Why list will grow. Also, apply this to your everyday life. Find your Why and focus on that when times get tough. We hope this helps you.
Victory Riding Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.