- Wranglers have daily interaction with the horses. They are responsible for exercising, grooming, and providing minor first aid where needed.
- Duties assigned upon evaluation
- Previous horse experience mandatory
- Attendance at Volunteer meetings and training
Other duties can include:
- Horse leader– a horse leader’s job is to lead a horse during led-lessons and led-rides during events. They are aware of what the horse is doing at all times and can react quickly to prevent unwanted behavior. They must be able to communicate quickly and clearly to the Side walker about the horse’s needs.
- Side walker– a side walker’s job is to walk alongside a horse during led-lessons and led-rides during events. Their focus is on the rider, not the horse. They are aware of what the rider is doing at all times, and can react quickly to prevent the rider becoming unbalanced. They also must be able to communicate quickly and clearly to the Horse leader about rider’s needs.